On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 06:47:34PM +0200, Wolfgang Oertl wrote:

> I find that without a "continue" statement some loops soon have
> deeply nested if/else statements in them.  This patch adds
> them to Lua 5.1-alpha.  It's also on the PowerPatches page of
> the Lua wiki.

Here is another example where a standard way to do non-local exit would
help.  The syntax was proposed in

for i=1,100 do
  block(continue)

  if some_test_to_continue then continue() end

  end
end

Cheers!

--
Shannon Stewman         | Let us walk through the waning night,
Caught in a whirlpool,  | As dawn-rays tickle our toes, the dew soothes