[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Missing string.find functionality in Lua 5.1
- From: Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@...>
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:36:40 +0200
David Burgess wrote:
I read the code.
1) Methinks the documentation should match up with the luaconf.h defaults
(Whatever else happens)
2) I sort of agree with Rici. Changing string.find is big change. A definite
3) How about three functions?
match() - as is.
find() - the 5.02 behaviour
findn() (or findpos()) - the new behaviour that does not return captures.
Let's hope the Lua authors will read this thread :)