Hi,

Gavin Wraith wrote:
> > But why bother? All CPUs other than x86 have
> > a decent FP instruction set (x87 FP is _not_ decent).
>
> Not ARMs, alas.

Ahemm, I _do_ word my postings carefully.

The ARM FP instruction set _does_ provide both rounding and
truncation:
  FIX  reg, fpreg
  FIXZ reg, fpreg

The fact that most ARM based systems don't have a (hardware) FPU
is something quite different and doesn't matter for the discussion
at hand. Because then you'd better use integers for lua_Number
which makes all the relevant casts a no-op.

Bye,
     Mike