Hello,

You can read about the great "Globals-Locals by default" war anywhere between these two threads:

Thank you. I will have to download the archives. Will prove undoubtly usefull.

Hundreds of good programmers have been killed in the conflict.
In the end, the "Globals" tribe won.  Let's not start another one...

Absolutely not my intention to start any conflict on this subject or any other. I'm just learning and wanted to find material exposing the motivations behind the globals choice. It just helps me better understand and appreciate the way the language is structured. I have no intent to suggest a change or even a discussion, of course. :)

I'll now read the above threads.
Thanks again,

--
Olivier Mascia