On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:32:49AM -0500, Keith Pimmel wrote:

> _,_,last = string.find(str,'([^\n]*)')

Lua's patterns aren't regular expressions and don't handle the
complexity of a regexp.  Perhaps you want:

  local last
  for s in string.gfind(str, '([^\n]+)') do
    last = s
  end

The for loop will iterate over all substrings that match the pattern,
returning the last one.  I changed the '*' in the pattern to a '+' to
avoid matching "\n" and returning and empty string.

Cheers!

--
Shannon Stewman         | Let us walk through the waning night,
Caught in a whirlpool,  | As dawn-rays tickle our toes, the dew soothes