On Aug 6, 2005, at 21:06:39, Shmuel Zeigerman wrote:
Try to comment the following chunk out, it's unnecessary, IMO:

    luaL_getmetatable( pLuaState, "PACEmaker.Room" );
    lua_pushstring( pLuaState, "__gc" );
    lua_pushcfunction( pLuaState, UKAdventureDeleteRoom );
    lua_settable( pLuaState, -3 );
    luaL_getmetatable( pLuaState, "PACEmaker.Room" );
    lua_pushstring( pLuaState, "__tostring" );
    lua_pushcfunction( pLuaState, UKAdventureRoomToString );
    lua_settable( pLuaState, -3 );

Shmuel,

yes, looks like this was unnecessary, because this still doesn't change anything. Still the same error message. The code I'm running is:

for i=100,1,-1 do
    aRoom = Room.new()
    print( tostring( aRoom ) )
    aRoom = nil
end

I've set the C++ object to printf "room created" and "room deleted" from its constructor/destructor. The exact output I'm getting is:

room created
attempt to concatenate a userdata value
room created

Does that ring a bell for anyone? I'm simply puzzled :-(

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de