Hi,

Doug Rogers wrote:
> That is excellent. I won't be able to use it on my job (embedded ppc),
> but I'm definitely interested for my own explorations.

Well, I've tried to separate architecture-dependent and
independent parts. But I'm only targetting x86 for the first
few releases (because that's what's in the machine I got
under my desk).

Porting it to other architectures is a major undertaking.
The most likely targets are: x64, PPC32/PPC64 and ARM.

Multiply that with the different kinds of lua_Number (FP and
integer arithmetics are very different in machine code) and
you got some big mess to maintain. I realize I will need
some support from the community on this effort (code and/or
sponsorship), but it's too early to discuss that yet.

So let me finish it off first and then talk more about it.
Ok, back to coding (fighting with proper JIT->JIT tailcalls
right now).

Bye,
     Mike