Dave Dodge wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:59:24AM +0700, Antero Vipunen wrote:
Well, even simple C-grammar parser would be enough for my needs.(I mean it should parse C files, and be written in lua)

Note that the C grammar is a bit tricky because of the preprocessor.
Consider what happens if the code has macros, stringization, token
pasting, or #if statements with mathematical expressions.  If you
implement your own preprocessor, you also have the issue that
conditional code might expect compiler-specific predefined values.

In general, I don't need `understanding-parser'. I need `silly-parser' that will only build syntax trees for me,
so I can do some code preprocessing.

I only mention this stuff because I was working on a C parser (sorry,
not in Lua) in recent weeks and ran into all of this myself.

Can you share with me your code?

AMDG,
 Antero Vipunen.