Lua Veterans:

Before I jump head first into my pet project - Lua Robotics Toolkit - I
wanted check with the group if what I want to achieve is doable.

The project is still very vague at this point but here is a general idea
of what the toolkit is (will be) about.

<plug>
Lua Robotics Toolkit (LRT) provides an abstraction layer to program
popular robots such as Lego Mindstorm and Sony Aibo. LRT's long term
goal is produce a framework and a set of high level Lua programmable
objects for use in custom/proprietary robots
</plug>

Since I only have access to the Lego Mindstorm my plan is to port Lua to
this environment to begin with.

In the first pass I have a very simple goal: be able to write a program
in Lua, compile it to byte code and execute it using an embedded Lua
interpreter on a Hitachi 8300. The inspiration comes from the LeJOS
project which has managed to embed a Java VM in under 16KB.

The Lego Mindstorm programmable brick has 32KB of memory. The obvious
questions are:

1) Is it possible to fit Lua interpreter in under 16KB?

2) Any helpful hints that you can offer in achieving this?

3) Last but not the least -  is anyone else working on a similar
project? I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance
Vijay Aswadhati