> The problem with a new loader is that such modules are DLLs, so actually
> they do not need a new loader. They don't need a different path either.
> There should be a simpler solution.

OK, I understand you. However I'd like to understand better the actual
problem. We would like just to be able to define a parent module (C or
script) that loads all its submodules, right? But the problem is how we
can differ a bundle module like this from other modules that just don't
load their submodules. It is not a good idea to use a different file path
or name pattern neither loading the module to see if it actually loads its
submodules because we wouldn't like to impose semantic restrictions on
module hierarchies. Looking for a different entry point (e.g. a function
named luaopen) for a DLL may impose an undesired costly dynamic library
linkage and is not applicable for script bundle packages. Is this right or
am I missing something?

Thanks for the clarification,

Renato Maia.