Is there a 'standard' way to setup a timer in lua and bind a callback
function to it?

I'm trying to setup a simple long-running application server using
copas.  In addition to serving out coroutines to handle the individual
socket connections, I was hoping to hook into copas to also serve out
coroutines based on timers for housekeeping, status updates and such.

Thinking about it, I'm really looking for a general coroutine
dispatcher so I'm probably expecting too much out of copas.  What I'm
really trying to do is build-in some cron-like support into a socket
server based on copas and front-ended by Xavante.

Thanks,
Bill