On 23/06/2005, at 4:18 PM, Rici Lake wrote:

I'd like to say off the top that I have no strong opinion on certification
programs in theory. I can see the value in certification and I can also see
the reasons some people object to them.

I don't have a strong opinion either on the existence or use of certification.

I'm actually pretty skeptical about multiple-choice exams in general. If
I were hiring someone again (which appears unlikely except in some
parallel universe), I would ask them to sit down and write a program.
Whether or not they showed up with a certificate. But if I had some
reason to trust the certificator, I might use that information in
short listing.

I agree.  Being a Computer Engineering academic, if certification is supposed to be more than just a checkbox on a CV then it will be hard to test using multiple choice.

So, if you could provide me with a sample of your Lua code, I might have
a bit more confidence in your certification program.

Have you considered asking for experienced Lua programmers to take your test and provide feedback.  There are quite a few of us here who have used, debugged, modified, and released products using Lua for more than 6 year (yes, I actually found some of my Lua code from 1998 the other day).

Russ