The first pre-release of Aranha has just been made. This pre-release is
called the Ukranian Hunting Spider to honour the UK comedian Bill
Bailey.

The release announcement can be found here:
http://blog.digital-scurf.org/aranha/ukranian-hunting-spider

The HISTORY and README files, along with the tarball of the release can
be found here:
http://www.digital-scurf.org/files/aranha/uhs/

I encourage people who are interested in playing with unusual uses of
Lua to have a play around with Aranha. In particular I have incorporated
the list comprehensions patch developed primarily by Rici Lake. It's
rather a fun extension to the Lua syntax and I hope Rici will feel that
his patch is ready for the list soon.

Please send comments/ideas to aranha@pepperfish.net or directly to
myself.

Regards,

Daniel.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895