Hi all,

I'm trying to call a function called 'init' in a table from C++. Currently this is what I've got:

int cGameObject::start(lua_State *VM)
{
// first get the table
 lua_pushstring(VM, m_TableName);        // m_TableName = "GameObject" in this example
 lua_gettable(VM, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);
// get the 'init' function from the table
 lua_pushstring(VM, "init");
 lua_gettable(VM, -2);
// call the function
 lua_call(VM, 0, 0);

return 0;
}

Now this works fine, except when using 'self' in the init function, it fails. 'self' is unknown.

But when I do this: lua_dostring("GameObject:init()") 'self' *is* known in the init() function.

The reason why I would like to do the call myself, besides performance, is I want to pass any parameters passed to the 'start' function on to the 'init' function.

So, what am I doing wrong? Why is 'self' unknown when calling the 'init' function directly?

    Thanks,
        Hugo