On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:41:24PM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Yes, luac does not support cross-compiling. It seems that cross-compiling
> is much more desirable than simple byte swapping magic. However, it would
> complicate matters quite a bit to do it right. The goal of precompilation
> is fast loading and avoidance of the parser modules (for embedded systems).
> We'd like to keep it this way.

I'm a little confused.  Avoiding the parser means compiling in advance, which
usually means compiling at build time instead of runtime.  That means
compiling the Lua code on the build system, which for embedded systems is
almost always cross-compilation.  Cross-compiling seems intrinsic to avoiding
the parser.

--
Glenn Maynard