Hello to the list,

I try to cross compile lua and got a problem. Let me explain what I have
done:

I want to use lua together with luasocket on an embedded PowerPc (a
PPC405). There is Linux (2.4.18) running with busybox and uClibc. To
make testing easier, I have a similar environment on an Intel system
with a cross gcc for uClibc. After crafting (and testing) some lua
scripts with the use of luasocket, I changed the lua makefile in putting
a $(CROSS) before all tools. I also change the number representation to
long, because the PPC405 has no FPU. Then I build a new lua propper for
i386 and uClibc. I tested it with the examples (life, sieve ..) and it
works. Now I changed the luasocket makefile in the same way. Everything
compiles ok. But when I try to start my application, I got the following
message

ulli@asterix:/home/luatest > ./lua testapp.lua
./lua: symbol 'luaL_checknumber': can't resolve symbol '@M'

.
. a lot more messages like this follow
.

./lua: symbol 'lua_settop': can't resolve symbol '@M'
./lua: compat-5.1.lua:68: Unable to resolve symbol
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function `assert'
        compat-5.1.lua:68: in function `require'
        socket.lua:13: in function `f'
        compat-5.1.lua:79: in function `require'
        sipsrv.lua:237: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

Can anybody give me a hint what the problem might be

Thanks Ulrich Dziergwa