On 16 may 2005, at 6:49 PM, Romulo Bahiense wrote:
But unfortunatelly I'm still having problems with Xavante. After an arbitrary number of requests, the program (lua.exe) is still crashing with no error messages (the program just quits). In my app, the error message is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -- The instruction at "0x7c93426d" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Also, it generates an exception in ntdll.exe and rarely an "Out of memory".

This is probably generated by the LuaSocket library, if it were in my application, it would be an "Access Violation in module (...)" (I'm using Delphi).

it certainly doesn't look like a bug in Lua code. for me at least, LuaSocket is wonderfully stable; so it might be a compile or link issue.

could you stress any of the samples from LuaSocket? (preferably one that opens lots of short-lived TCP connections) if the bug doesn't appear there, it would mean it's a Xavente thing.

--
Javier