  Hi all,

After many many discussions and many collaborations (thank you all) we released the LuaBinaries Release 2 for Lua 5.0.2 at LuaForge.

LuaBinaries Release 2 consists in some changes in the distribution libraries that allows easier use, deployment and maintenance of the Lua libraries.

There are several important changes. But we expect this to be the final and last release for Lua 5.0.2.

We also break compatibility with the LuaBinaries Release 1. This is because we put together the Lua core library and the auxiliary library into only one library and we called this library "lua50". But this also allow us to have both releases installed in the same system without conflict.

In the documentation we add a section on how to use the provided binaries. This will help new users to start using the libraries and the executables.

Also the MacOS X libraries now include the dynamic libraries in bundle format.

Best Regards,
Antonio Scuri & Andre Carregal