From: Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp@gmx.net>
To: Lua list <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Subject: Re: Grokking the Virtual Machine
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:55:08 +0200

Hypertext Matters wrote:

Lua may well be the lowest-level of the C-based scripting languages: it is a "register-based" virtual machine, and has some hooks directly into C. It is popular both in Brazil where it originated, and with game programmers. Look into Lua, and become a better Javascript programmer!

It's designed for embedding ( http://www.lua.org/pil/p1.html ):

"Lua was designed, from the beginning,
to be integrated with software written
in C and other conventional languages."

Thanks Peter and others. I've changed the last paragraph as follows, am now up to 149 words, and am shooting this to my editor immediately:

Lua may well be the lowest-level of the C-based scripting languages: it is a "register-based" virtual machine, and has some hooks directly into C. Lua originated in Brazil but, designed especially for embedding, is particularly popular with game programmers worldwide. Look into Lua, and become a better Javascript programmer!