> > As per the book written by R. Ierusalimschy, allwords() function
generates words which contain only letters and numbers. I'd like to modify
the function so that words can be anything printable between spaces. The mod
is shown below, rather more complicated. Is there a way to simplify the
code?

> If you're looking for all "non-spaces", why not simply use '%S+' [that's
with a capital 's'] as a pattern?

Thanks, Ashwin.

I didn't read the ref manual too carefully. Next time I'll do better. :)