Greetings to the Forum.

Simple enough package of questions:
1)	We have compiled Lua ver 4 into our C++ source code and written a very broad range of software in Lua to extend its
functionality. It's doing this job excellently.
Should we consider upgrading Lua to ver 5?
2)	If so, what enhancements ( in general ) will this bring? I have been looking through the documentation to find a reference
that answers this question, but haven't found one; so if you can simply point to where I could find such a note, that would be
fine.
3)	Will Lua v5 handle instructions and functions written for earlier code without any other changes being needed? eg where
"strfind" now reads "string.find"?

Thank you for your consideration.
Regards

John