From:   lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br on behalf of Rici Lake
Sent:   Sun 4/24/2005 10:48 AM
To:     Lua list
Subject:        Re: Lua Patterns: How do I express this pattern?

On 24-Apr-05, at 11:13 AM, Cena, Resty wrote:

> Hello,
>  How do I express this pattern:
>
>  CrV
>
>  that is, a sequence of any C(onsonant) followed by a specific letter,
> in this case r, followed by any V(owel).
>
>  I guess if I can define somewhere that
>
>  %k (consonants)
>  $v (vowels)
>
>  then I can easily say:
>
>  [%kr%v]
>
>  Any help on how I can accomplish this?
>
>  Thanks.

EPCOR?

anyway, leaving out curiosities like when y is a vowel:

V = "[aeiouyAEIOUY]"
K = "[bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxzBCDFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXZ]"

function krv(r)
   return K..r..V
end

consonant_y_vowel = krv"y"

string.find(str, consonant_y_vowel)

This e-mail contains confidential information that is proprietary to EPCOR and its subsidiary companies in all respects. This information is intended only for the person(s) named in the destination address. Unauthorized distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it immediately.