On Saturday 23 April 2005 2:45 am, PA wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2005, at 00:37, whisper@oz.net wrote:
> > My current problem is that LuaSocket won't get past "require socket",
> > yet it's in the path per the LuaSocket doc. Nor will Lua itself read
> > LUA_INIT, which mihgt solve the LuaSocket requre problem.
>
> As mentioned by Diego, lua-5.1-work5 is very much bleeding edge, so you
> need to make some adjustment to LuaSocket to make it work all together.

I'd advice on making it work first with Lua-5.02 (with compat-5.1, of course).

to be frank, i find the path-setting parts a bit confusing too; but after it's
all setup, it's all easy.

my (personal) solution is to use a small shell script to set up the relevant
variables and call the lua executable.  that's on my development box; on
'production' system, i use the default paths and it's not needed at all.

--
Javier