	Thanks for the speedy assistance!

> table[key] = nil

	Thats almost too easy! Talk about clean too: it looks a heck of a lot
better than that kludge I had written. Thank you!

> Recursion would undoubtedly lead to cleaner code.

	That's what I thought too.  It would make things more generalised too,
so I could reuse it more readily.

> There is no built-in facility for saving tables; you could search the
> mailing list archives for various discussions on why there should or
> should not be one.

	It seems I've touched upon a significant topic in Lua.  I guess I'll
stick with what I have, albeit a little cleaned up, as it works
perfectly for my situation.

	- Matthew Percival