On Mar 29, 2005, at 05:02, Nelson Wong wrote:

I am currently trying to port Lua to Mac-base system (Console!!),
however, I got following linker errror, where OS specific operations
are not found.

For Lua 5.1, Mike Pall has posted some instructions on how to build C extension modules for Lua:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules

Mac OS X bundles (requires Lua 5.1)
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.3"
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
gcc -O2 -fno-common -c -o module.o module.c
gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -o module.so module.o

For consistency with other platforms the modules should be installed with the .so extension on Mac OS X, too.

Note: do not strip the dynamic symbols from the Lua executable (use strip -x).

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/