mgix@mgix.com wrote:
In the never ending quest to please my customers,
I have had to add support to LUA for one line comments
that start with '#' (a la Perl, csh, etc ...)

To this end, I patched llex.c, function luaX_lex
(patch against 5.0.2 is attached below).

Since the patch was hastily made, and since I am
not a lua code base expert, I was wondering if anyone
could tell me what kind of impact, if any, that change
may have on the rest of the language.

Comments never get out of the lexer, so there is zero impact
on the rest of Lua.
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)