On 04/03/2005, at 10:34 PM, Javier Guerra wrote:

On Friday 04 March 2005 1:35 am, Peter Colson wrote:
- Is LuaThreads a separate package or is it the coroutines facility
within standard
Lua for doing non-pre-emptive threading in a Lua script? Does it sit on
top
of Posix threads (saw references to LuaThreads on top of eCos threads
elsewhere)?

LuaThreads is an addition to the Lua Core.  unfortunately, it can't be
packaged as a loadable module, it has to be compiled into the core.

It handles preemptive threads using Posix threads, it also works in windows,
using a small adapter library (included) to make them look like posix.

OK, as mentioned in my other reply I think the threading infrastructure will remain external to Lua for the time being.

Regards,
Peter Colson.