Asko Kauppi wrote:
In fact, I'd very _much_ like a userdata-kind of integer type, which can have metamethods. The thing that all numbers are float/double will cause problems on ARM chips, due to no FPU. :) But that's another story..

Never mind that most of the ARMs I've worked on have no integral divide instruction. The divide that our compilers generate is very inefficient so we always roll our own (and different ones for different circumstances depending on where you need your accuracy), so you'd want to be able to tell lua to use that division instead if you just replaced lua_Number and recompiled.

But I digress (too ;)...

- Mab