On Feb 25, 2005, at 18:02, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

Is that on purpose? Is LUA_PATH mandatory?

Not at all. This is a bug. Thanks.

Ok. For the moment I'm just assigning LUA_PATH to package.path. Is that reasonable?

Another issue when using -w... how do I check the presence of a key in a table now?

For example, I have this piece of code:

        if ( ( type( anObject ) == "table" ) and
                ( type( anObject[ "equals" ] ) == "function" ) ) then

Which basically tries to check if the given table has a specific key. Unfortunately, this raises an exception:

lua: ./LUObject.lua:125: attempt to access undefined variable `equals'

What gives?

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay