On Feb 23, 2005, at 12:42, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

Bottom line: all mechanisms for error handling are there; it's up to the
application to use them to handle errors in suitable way for it.

<rant>

Yes. I realize that.

Like everything else in Lua's land, "Lua gives you the power, you build the mechanisms". This is great as far as mission statements goes, but not of very practical use when it comes down to mundane tasks like written Lua code in the first place.

In any case, I was just asking, sorry about that. Lua have been around for over a decade now. Most likely, people have tried different ways to handle the same problems and I was simply hoping that somehow, someone, somewhere could perhaps provide some guidance to a newbie instead of having to "build [the same] mechanisms" over and over again by myself. Sigh.

</rant>

But enough venting for today :)

Thanks to all who replies all the same. And as with most things in Lua land, I will simply "roll my own" as usual :P

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/