Ashwin,

Just as an initial reaction, how are you ensuring synchronization of
the Lua state between the system threads? This sounds very much like a
synchronization problem in your code. I'd suggest the excellent
LuaThread library; it has these messy issues all worked out.

BTW, I note that this is the second thread in a row you've posted
suggesting that a problem you are experiencing in your code is caused
by a bug in Lua. You may find this to be a useful link:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id3001405

HTH,

Ben