On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 01:15, David Burgess wrote:
> Your platform and compiler?
>

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:
> > One million setjmp/longjmp plus the surrounding overhead easily complete
> > in one and a half seconds on my machine.
> >
> > But one million C++ try/catch/throw need more than a minute (!) to complete.
> > Yuck!

So? One is a primitive low level operation,
the other is a much higher level. C++ handles
stack unwinding, selective catching on type,
multiple levels of handlers, and decoupled
throwing and catching.

By comparison, Felix error handling is potentially
thousands of times faster than setjump/longjump.

(In fact the Alioth test, adjusted for startup
time, ran in -0.4 seconds or something silly)

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia