On Feb 07, 2005, at 00:03, Rici Lake wrote:

On 6-Feb-05, at 5:54 PM, PA wrote:

Alternatively, is there another way to figure out the location of the tmp directory in a platform agnostic way?

It's not guaranteed that a platform has directories, never mind temporary directories. So I don't suppose there is.

Ok...

Nonetheless, assuming I'm not running Lua on a entry-level wrist watch, how do I enabled tmpname so I can get to that fabled tmp directory on *NIX and Windows? That would be good enough for me at the moment :)

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/