[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Hamster - the build engine
- From: Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@...>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:43:53 +0200
Hamster, the number one (and only?) Lua-based build engine has today
been uploaded with a new, modular version.
- works with make/nmake, SCons, or just-plain-build-all
- 100% implemented in Lua
- supports Lua 5.0 and later
- supports Linux, OS X, Win32, WinCE, *BSD, QNX, ...
New in this version:
- ability to easily use with custom compilers (take 'hamster_gcc.lua',
rename & modify)
- also otherwise, chopped into a multifile layout
- updated documentation (pdf)
- now launched with 'lua -l hamster' syntax (or '-l hamster_gcc' if you
want to enforce a compiler)
The uploaded version is 'raw', it should work, and any bugs will be
promptly fixed. However, due to extensive rework there may still be
some glitches introduced. Use at your own risk.