As I develop with Lua and SQLite, I keep wishing there was a special
lua table type that somehow got paged to disk.

I've read about the java library:

http://www.prevayler.org (Prevayler is the free-software Prevalence
layer for Java.)
(which references the database paper:
http://birrell.org/andrew/papers/024-DatabasesPaper.pdf)

And find myself wishing for something similar as an addon for Lua...
not pervasive persistance, just the ability to set the metamethods for
a table to use the disk/memory for paging huge tables.

Anyone doing anything similar? Would this be hard? I guess I need to
read the section of PIL about Metatables and Metamethods so I can ask
intelligent questions here.

Any feedback/suggestions?

-j

--
Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
 -- Old Scottish Proverb