On Wednesday 19 January 2005 18:37, André de Leiradella wrote:
> It seems to me that class systems interoperability is possible, and I
> think the community should agree on some standard
or a bunch of standards to be ready for different requirements

E.g. in Java land, the reflection API (now standard for some years)
and the reflection based beans mechanism is very nice and useful in
some contexts, especially GUI builders (their original app).
OTOH the invention of enterprise beans and their massive misuse in
servlet engines is plain braindead. In a server environment, you'd
want to trade longer startup for faster execution, since it's just a
ridiculous waste of ressources to retrieve the very same information
over and over by convenient but expensive means.

cheers