Rather than implement IUP straight to OS X Aqua, you might consider doing a GTK+2 port of it.

As you know, GTK+ is much more up-to-date on the Linux side than Motif, so you'd win some hearts there. Also, there's a working GTK+2 system for OS X (albeit, requiring X11 of course). And.. in the horizon there's hope for an Aqua GTK+2 some day.

-ak