Dear all,

I am releasing the first alpha of LuaThread 1.1. It works with Lua 5.0.2
and has been tested (though not extensively) in Win32, Mac OS X and
Linux. Please find bugs and help me kill them all.

    http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~diego/professional/luathread

* What is LuaThread?

    LuaThread enables the Lua programmer to create preemptive, concurrent
    Lua programs, in which several threads of execution coordinately perform
    different tasks in parallel. The library runs both on Unix systems
    supporting the Pthreads standard and on Win32 systems (natively).

    The functionality is provided in two parts: routines needed by Lua core
    to control parallel access to its internal structures and,
    independently, functions providing Lua scripts with the ability to
    create and synchronize multiple threads of execution.

Have fun,
Diego.