On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 00:40, Mike Pall wrote:

> This needs to be verified with other test cases, though.

Yes, my test was the simplest thing that had some
persistent memory plus it generated garbage both
linearly (temporaries in the node building) and
in a big jump (when excess list is nulled out)

> I'm thinking
> about a better way to interactively watch the GC behaviour. I'll keep
> you posted when I come up with something.

How about this:

http://Gscope.sourceforge.net

for Linux (uses GTK).

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia