I like this approach. Wouldn't be hard for the authors, not consume much cpu cycles, and being very 'lua-ish' altogether. :) Also, it provides a nice way to do other similar per-library stuff later, if seen necessary.

The require system in 5.1 already passes the name to the package script (obtainable via the new ellipsis vararg support). The precise path to the package (if it is a file somewhere) could simply be an additional argument. That was what I proposed in LTN11 using a Package Install Function (due to lack of vararg support at script level in 5.0.2).

--
Wim