lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

I mentioned in my first post in this thread that the code I presented
was a stripped down version of code that was causing crashes.  I ran
that code with my patch applied, and unfortunately, I'm still getting
failed assertions.  I'll continue to investigate this issue, and post
my findings.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:00:04 -0200, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<> wrote:
> > I've got a patch that appears to have fixed the bug;
> Well done!
> > My two worries with this patch are memory leaks and infinite loops.
> No worries about that. An upvalue never refers directly to another
> upvalue (only closures can point to upvalues), so no infinite loops.
> And as far as the closure is garbage, it does not traverse its upvalues
> anymore, so no memory leaks.
> -- Roberto