> Roberto will post a message summarizing other changes in this version.

Sorry for the delay.

Actually, the only main change, besides the new makefiles, is a
reorganization of loadlib (special thanks to Mike Pall) and several
corrections in luaconf (though it seems to need more corrections
already...).

Currently we are working on two things there are difficult for us to
test alone: loadlib and garbage collection. Therefore, we are trying
to release work versions more frequently (and therefore with smaller
changes).

-- Roberto