----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Pall" <mikelu-0412@mike.de>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: loadlib for Mac OS X

There are some issues left:

- The library handle is only stored in the registry. It needs to be returned
 to the user, too. Passing a nil symbol name for loadlib() is currently
 illegal and could be used for this purpose. Or maybe the empty string?

nil sounds good to me...

- The resolved symbols need to get an appropriate type. Unless we want
to merge ffcall into the core the only reasonable choice is LIGHTUSERDATA.

I don't see what else would be suitable...

- On Mac OS X you probably want to load both bundles and dylibs. I have
 not verified this, but I guess I could do this 'automagically' with
 the low-level _dylib_* API.

It'll probably require some fiddling but I guess it could be done -- I'm away from my Mac until early January so I can't give it a shot right away...

 BTW: That would solve the bundle vs. dylib issue, too. You can use both
      and you decide which to use when compiling the extension. :-)

Great.

Thank you,
Dario