on 12/9/04 11:25 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy at roberto@inf.puc-rio.br wrote:

>> 2. We've got a couple of cases where the tt value in a table entry
>> doesn't match the tt value in the object.
>
> Can that be a "dead" key? (That is, a key with a corresponding nil
> value?)

We're in a non-weak table (actually, it's a metatable). It has a string key
that should be pointing to a full userdata value. The node in the table
actually reports it as a full userdata. The value one finds by following the
link from the node, however, is a string (and what appears to be a properly
formed string).

Mark