El 29/11/2004, a las 3:12, Johann Hibschman escribió:

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:46:33 +0100, Adrián Pérez <copylight@iespana.es> wrote:

Yeah, "dynamicity" started with Lisp a long, long time ago...
(but Lisp is not compiled to machine code).

Now you've done it.  You've angered the Secret Lisp Masters.  As a
long-time lisp junkie and medium-long Common Lisp fan, I have to tell
you that all commercial Common Lisps are compiled to rather efficient
machine code.

[...]

I did _not_ say that Lisp is inefficient, I just said that it _is_ dynamic. I know that both worlds can live together (think about Objective-C). In fact some functional languages can be *even faster* than C (side note: http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ is great).

-ap