On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:23:32PM +0000, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> > > Please someone put me out of my misery and explain why I shouldn't
> > > commit this to my tree?
>
> > Hurrah; I get to put myself out of my own misery!
>
> Or maybe not...

Hehehe.  Well, the first thing that came to mind was "try it and run the
regression tests" ... until I remembered that "make test" gives slightly
less than full coverage. :-)

Perhaps it's time to turn the tests directory into the start of a proper
regression test suite?  It would be vastly more useful for all concerned
if we could submit test cases automatically into a test harness suite
rather than posting them to the mailing list.

Rich Artym.
--
Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like