On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:45:13PM +0000, David Given wrote:

> What he's saying is that since code is, fundamentally, structured as a
> branching decision tree, the fact that an overwhelming number of decisions as
> to the design of that code are made on the basis of how well the code can be
> expressed on paper is a bit strange.

You've expressed that far more clearly than I did. :-)

> .., I'd much rather train the computers to have
> better verbal skills so that they can communicate with *us*.
>
> But this is hardly relevant to Lua!

Indeed.  Whereas LISP-style manipulation of the program graph could be
very relevant, and vastly more powerful than mere substitutive macros.

Rich Artym.
--
Existing media are so disconnected from reality that our policy debates
spin around a fantasy world in which the future looks far too much like