On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 15:30 +0000, David Given wrote:
[snip]
> pseudofunction like length(t) would not). But, is there a better way of
> solving the underlying problem? Might it not be worth finally biting the
> bullet and distinguishing between field lookups and method calls?
[snip]
> (BTW, would this work via a metatable operation? Could you virtualise it?)

I considered this; given that OP_SELF already exists; and created a
__methcall metamethod.

The patch is on the page I'm using to gather the language changes I'm
writing for Aranha...

http://wiki.digital-scurf.org/Aranha/LanguageModifications

Feel free to nab the patch and play

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895