Yes, the loader corrects for endianess, you can dump in a big endian
and load in a little endian machine, and vice-versa. There can be
other issues, though. The loader will complain if the sizes of int,
size_t, double, and the VM instructions are different, and fail. Lua
bytecodes are not supposed to be cross-platform.

--
Fabio