>>> roberto@inf.puc-rio.br 11/01/04 01:33AM >>>
>>  How deprecated is the 'implicit pairs()' case anyways?  I'm using
it
>> throughout - should I change my habits?  0:)
>Yes. There is a good chance of it not being present in 5.1 final.

Well, here's a farewell to a very nice piece of syntactical sugar.  I
suppose
it _would_ confuse somebody from a Python background (though not an
Awk
person).  I'm all for as little typing as possible.  BTW, it should be
possible
to write a script to find such instances automatically - and maybe even

patch them.

steve d.

believed to be clean.